Blossom of Lights
This weekend was perfect weather to head to Denver Botanic Gardens: Blossom of Lights. Checking out the Christmas lights around town is a holiday tradition in our house, but interestingly, we have never visited the Botanic Gardens in winter.
Blossom of Lights run through November 24-January 1. 5pm-9pm. Non-member pricing: Adults $15, Seniors $$13.00, Kids $12.00
Know before you go:
- Purchase tickets online. The Gardens limit the number of tickets (in theory to keep the congestion low), so if you just show up you will most likely be disappointed as it will be sold out.
- Plan extra time to get there and find parking. We went on a Saturday night and hit rush hour-like traffic on all the main highways. Then, York Street and Josephine Street were backed up and parking was scarce. We saw a lot of people parking on side streets and walking in. We pulled into the parking lot just as someone was backing out of a parking space. Lucky us!
- Wear good walking shoes and be prepared to wait in line, even though you bought tickets online. The line to get in was all the way down the block. However, it did move quickly, and it wasn’t cold so we made friends with others in line.
- Dress for the weather. Coat, hats, gloves.
- If you are experiencing the event with kids, which I think older kids will love, bring a treat for when they get fussy.
- There are a few hot cocoa stations around, so it’s good place to get a little warm up. $4.00 per cup.